How can I help immigrants in NYC? For help with housing, childcare, food, clothing, cash assistance, or assistance related to COVID-19 pandemic, you can: Call 311 and ask for help with your specific need. Visit NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA) Immigrant Resources. Visit Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs (MOIA).
What programs helped immigrants?
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Emergency Medicaid (includes labor and delivery)
- Full-Scope Medicaid.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Where can immigrants go to learn English? The Immigrant Learning Center offers free English classes to immigrants and refugees ages 16 and older. All classes are taught in English with instruction in speaking, reading, writing, listening, grammar, computer skills, and college and career preparation.
What programs and services are available to newcomers to Canada?
- Help with daily life. Help finding a job. Help preparing for the citizenship test. Find or become a mentor to a newcomer.
- Francophone service provider. Language assessment. Language training (general) Job-specific language training.
- Services for women. Services for seniors. Services for youth.