How can I prepare for US immigrant visa interview?
- Ties to Home Country.
- Speak for Yourself.
- Know the Program and How it Fits Your Career Plans.
- Be Concise.
- Supplemental Documentation.
- Not All Countries Are Equal.
How long does the US immigrant visa interview take? How long should I allow for my immigrant visa interview? You should expect to be at the Embassy 2- 3 hours.
What questions do they ask at the US Embassy interview?
- What is the purpose of your visit to the US?
- Have you been to the US before?
- Do you have relatives or friends currently in the US?
- Details on your friends / relatives in the US.
- Where will you be residing in the United States?
What should I expect in an immigration interview? During your naturalization interview, a USCIS officer will ask you questions about your application and background. You will also take an English and civics test unless you qualify for an exemption or waiver. The English test has three components: reading, writing, and speaking.