What are pros and cons of immigration? Immigration can give substantial economic benefits – a more flexible labour market, greater skills base, increased demand and a greater diversity of innovation. However, immigration is also controversial. It is argued immigration can cause issues of overcrowding, congestion, and extra pressure on public services.
What are the top 3 reasons for immigration? People may choose to immigrate for a variety of reasons, such as employment opportunities, to escape a violent conflict, environmental factors, educational purposes, or to reunite with family.
What are three negatives about immigration?
- “Immigrants will take American jobs, lower our wages, and especially hurt the poor.”
- “Immigrants abuse the welfare state.”
- “Immigrants increase the budget deficit and government debt.”
- “Immigrants increase economic inequality.”
What are the problems facing immigrants?
- Language Barriers. The language barrier is the main challenge as it affects the ability to communicate with others.
- Lack of Employment Opportunities.
- Access to Medical Services.
- Transportation Issues.
- Cultural Differences.
- Raising Children.