What are the 4 types of immigrants? These Are the Four Types of Immigration Statuses in the US. When immigrating to the US, there are four different immigration status categories that immigrants may fall into: citizens, residents, non-immigrants, and undocumented immigrants.
How can I apply for US immigration?
- In most cases, someone must sponsor you or file an immigrant petition for you.
- Wait until the petition is approved and a visa is available in your category. Then apply for an immigrant visa.
- Get a medical examination.
- Go to an interview.
- Wait for a decision on your application.
What are the 5 types of immigrants?
- United States Citizen. If you were born in the United States, you are a U.S. citizen, even if you were raised in another country.
- Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR)
- Temporary Visitor.
- Undocumented Immigrant.
How can I check my immigration status online? To get basic information about the status of your immigration application online, go to the USCIS Case Status Online page and enter your receipt number. It’s a good idea to also sign up for case updates from USCIS by creating an account (on the same page).