What are the main immigrant groups? The five largest foreign-born groups in the United States, including those from Mexico, the Philippines, India, China, and Vietnam, account for 44 percent of the total immigrant population.
What organization deals with immigrants?
- American Civil Liberties Union.
- American Friends Service Committee.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- American Immigration Council (AIC)
- Asian Pacific American Legal Resource Center (APALRC)
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace:
- Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (
What are the immigrant rights? Civil Rights Laws – immigrants, regardless of their status, are protected from unlawful discrimination in employment, education, housing, and public accommodations (e.g., restaurants, hotels) on various bases, such as race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, and age.
Who is fighting for immigrants rights? For more than 25 years, the ACLU has been at the forefront of almost every major legal struggle on behalf of immigrants’ rights, focusing on challenging laws that deny immigrants access to the courts, impose indefinite and mandatory detention, and discriminate on the basis of nationality.