What programs helped immigrants?
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Emergency Medicaid (includes labor and delivery)
- Full-Scope Medicaid.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
What is the best way to help immigrants?
- 1) Get informed.
- 2) Speak up and speak out.
- 3) Write letters to the editor to your local newspaper.
- 4) Support organizations that provide direct services to immigrants and refugees.
- 5) Call your representatives.
- 6) Get immigrants out of detention.
How can I help immigrants in my area? Visit immigrants in detention centers in your area.
ICE has hundreds of detention centers all over the country. You are allowed to visit detention centers. Many areas have visitation programs so that you can volunteer to be a visitor and provide moral support for immigrants in detention.
How can I help an undocumented immigrant?
- Build Agency and Power.
- Create Spaces for Storytelling and Creative Expression.
- About Immigrants Rising.
- For more information, visit immigrantsrising.org.
- Engage with an Open Mind.
- Create a Safe Space.
- Learn about Relevant Institutional Policies & Legislation.
- Find & Advocate for Scholarships and Financial Support.