What programs helped immigrants?
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Emergency Medicaid (includes labor and delivery)
- Full-Scope Medicaid.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
What is meant by immigration support? The term “immigration services” refers to any form of assistance for immigration matters provided by various agencies and professionals. The main immigration services department is the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
What is the best way to support immigrants?
- Stay informed!
- Fundraise for immigrant justice!
- Create a personal fundraising campaign on behalf of NIJC and provide life-changing legal services to immigrants and asylum seekers.
- Take action to keep families together!
What are some resources for immigrants?
- DACA and Your Workplace Rights (National Immigration Law Center)
- Your Rights as An Immigrant Worker (National Immigration Law Center)
- Access to Health Care, Food, and Other Public Programs for Immigrant Families under the Trump Administration (National Immigration Law Center)